2020-07-03

Did You Know There is a Black National Anthem?

On Fri, Jul 3, 2020 at 3:13 PM Albert Nelms wrote:
Just watch NFL football. The NFL is planning to play the black national anthem before the real national anthem on their opening week. This is a big turn-off for me. I look at the NFL as a sports entertainment venue. I go there to get away from it all. I don't want to see or listen to their political rhetoric. So, I say goodbye to the NFL. NFL call me when you're ready to be a sports entertainment venue again.

Btw, the black national anthem as a piece of music is not that great. Thank goodness it's short. Lol


There should be no such thing as a Black National Anthem.  To say that such a thing exists is to say that the United States National Anthem, the one that is supposed to be for everyone, is really just the White National Anthem.  I am discouraged by this.

What we have is a political movement that is trying to play us.  It is trying to leverage race in order to advance far-left political agendas that have much more to do with inequity and power than they do with race.

I think that race is an arbitrary social concept that we made up and it should not have much meaning.  We are all the human race, and that is what matters.

--
Best wishes,

John Coffey




No comments:

Post a Comment